2021 has been an exceptional year for Alyne! Our team invested a tremendous amount of effort and hard work to drive new growth, nurture opportunities, onboard new customers, spark meaningful conversations, and incorporate powerful functionality into the Alyne platform. Thank you to each and every one of you for your hard work and dedication this year!
Most notably this year, in September 2021, Alyne was acquired by Mitratech - a leading provider of legal and compliance software in the US.
Let’s take a look at our year in review:
Product & Development
- January New Features - 'Documents', enhancement of the Assessment Takeover...
- February New Features- Assessment Container data, 'Scope' and 'Insights.', Release Notes, ability to reassign Assessment Responders...
- March New Features- Explanation Field, enhancements to the Takeover feature...
- June New Features- Updated Risk Mitigation interface, Continuous Controls, Schedule Assessments, NLP capability to define their Controls with Alyne's Document Mapping.
- July New Features- Risk Table View, Linked Entities enabled for Risks, Custom Attributes on each Control.
- September New Features- Control Workbench, AI Risk Suggestions on Controls...
- October New Features - Risk and Mitigation Import and Export improvements, Object Versions, Control Workbench Standards Filter...
- November New Features - Multi-Level Hierarchies & Escalations for Tasks, Advanced Beacon Settings, Alyne Hook, Additional Filters and Sorting for Risks.
Furthermore within Dev, there were:
- More than 500 PROD deploys
- Over 250k Assessment responses in 3000 Assessments submitted by Alyne Users
- Almost 8000 new users created in the platform
Team Stats: Customer Success & Partnerships
Let’s take a look next at some statistics from our Customer Success Team this past year:
- Our team received and answered 4280 tickets – an increase by 248% compared to last year.
- 90% of all tickets were answered within 6 hours and 98% of our responses were rated “very good.”
- Customers where most active in March and July, followed by February and October
Our Partnerships Team worked closely alongside our valued partners across all continents, producing over 190 brand new opportunities in 2021. Thank you to our partners for great collaboration and combined success this year!
Ensuring that the Alyne application is always up-to-date with the latest content, the Alyne Library Team mapped, updated and integrated many new standards and regulations into the platform, including:
- TISAX VDA ISA Version 5.0.4
- UK GDPR
- KAIT Update
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- ACSC Essential Eight 2021
- ICFR, SOX, SOC2
- ESG Framework
- California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA)
- MAS TRMG 2021
- MaRisk 20219
- BAIT 2021
- CIS Controls V8 2021
- US TSA Pipeline Security Guidelines
- NIST 800-53
Awards, Events and Recognition
Awards & Recognition:
- Winners of the Santander X Global Challenge
- Santander X 100 Member
- Regional Finalist for the Barclays Entrepreneurs Awards 2021
- Shortlisted for the USA 2021 RegTech Insights Award under three categories
- Daily Finance’s 12 Best Munich-based Risk Management Firms
- Finalist in the Deutscher Startup-Pokal in the category of Organisational Intelligence
- Featured in IndustryWired as Top 10 RegTech Companies Accelerating regulatory processes
- 1LoD Operational Resilience Deep Dive, Virtual
- Legal Tech Hub Vienna Accelerator Programme Pitch, Virtual
- Wexelerate Pitch at Innovation Fair, Virtual
- RiskNET Summit 2021 and ESG Workshop, Munich
- Corporate Risk Minds, Berlin
- Cybersecurity Supplier Governance with Proof by Escrypt (Co-Hosted Webinar)
- Cybersecurity Maturity Model with Escrypt Co-Hosted Workshop, Frankfurt
Resources: Articles, White Papers and Webinars
Throughout the year, our marketing team produced many resources which help to provide insight into the value of technology-facilitated risk and compliance processes.
- How TrialCard leveraged Alyne for Scalable and Risk Aware Vendor Risk Management
- How HDI / Talanx Group Enhanced its Enterprise Risk Management Processes Worldwide with the Help of Alyne
GRC Analyst, Michael Rasmussen, founder of GRC 20/20, conducted a detailed Solution Perspective of Alyne's Software as a Service. Read more about his comprehensive analysis, in a free resource: an 'Integrated 360° View of Risk, Resiliency & Integrity:'
Furthermore, we were honoured to have various guests join us for webinars, to provide valuable insight and thought leadership to the Alyne community, covering a range of topics:
- Expert Digest of the WEF Global Risks Report What it means for Enterprise Risk Management
- Transform your Entire Risk Lifecycle Process, End to End
- Setting up an Internal Control Framework aligned to SOX
- ESG Risk Management & Meeting Sustainability Requirements in Financial Institutions, in collaboration with Accenture.
Morning Coffee Talk Show
This year, we released our very own morning talk show, ‘Morning Coffee’, hosted by Head of Sales for the DACH region, Claudia Howe. In this fantastic new format, Claudia is joined by internal and external guests to share thoughts on trending industry topics and to discuss how our latest functionalities and integrations can help align your organisation towards your business goals.
In this fifth and final episode of the year, Claudia is joined by Karl Viertel, CEO & Co-Founder of Alyne to reflect on Alyne's 2021 greatest milestones, achievements and favourite new features.
The RegTech Report Podcast
Alyne’s trending Podcast produced 10 new episodes in 2021. Hosts Karl Viertel and Stefan Sulistyo discussed everything from supply chain management and vaccine passports; e-government and Innovation in tech; to DNA ancestry pages, cryptography and ransomware attacks. Listen to our closing episode for the year on digital legacies and email security, here.
We look forward to an energised and successful 2022, as team Mitratech!