The latest feature releases within Alyne this December provide Users with Assessment answer rules, Assessment question delegation, Risk creation, improved User management and more.
- Assessment Answer Rules
- Assessment Question Delegation
- Risk Creation and Editing Modal
- Improved User Management
1. Assessment Answer Rules
At Alyne, we believe in Assessments which have both a high acceptance rate with responders via an intuitive interface and settings that help assessors to get the most accurate insights.
For all Assessments you start from now on, you will find the 'Show answer rules' button located below each question.
You can define the following for each question:
- Answer rules which are not allowed (Will be hidden from responders)
- Answers which require comments
- Answers which require evidence
Requirements for comments and evidence can be defined either by maturity level or for the complete assessment.
As responders can't submit assessments without complying with comment and evidence requirements, we have made it easy for them to detect the relevant blockers:
- Responders have a new button on the top right where they can filter answers which are NOT compliant with the specified rules.
- Responders can save their responses without having to add a comment/attachment at the same time. Only submission is prevented.
2. Assessment Question Delegation
At Alyne, we believe in clear ownership and responsibilities - which is why Assessments always have one responder. As the knowledge necessary to answer questions might reside with multiple people within an organisation, a responder can now delegate the following elements of an assessment:
- Single or multiple questions
- Whole topics or subtopics
1. Each delegation requires selection, active delegation, adding a brief message and sending.
2. Delegated questions appear grey and cannot be answered by the responder while delegated.
3. Delegatees will receive a notification via mail and in their notification center in the App.
4. A delegatee can either answer the question delegated to him or delegate it further.
5. The initial responder is still responsible for submitting the Assessment, he can, at any time, reclaim the delegated questions.
3. User Management
You can now invite new users with a target user type, i.e. users can be directly invited as Expert, Admin, etc. The process is simplified as Users do not have to invite Users first and then promote. The improved User Management also works well with the recently released silent invite.
- You can now also invite with target user type Responder in order to be able to delegate assessment questions to them.
- You can filter the Users by user types along with search terms. You can also list, manage and promote Responders but you cannot demote other Users to Responders.
- Object responsible can now also be Responders.
This new feature is of great help if you want to prepare an Assessment on a large scale:
1. Silently invite responder users
2. Add them as responsible to objects
3. Guide them manually to sign up (unless SSO)
4. Launch an Assessment
4. Risk Modal
At Alyne, we believe that Users should be able to work on a risk with the Risk receiving their full attention.
Thus, we have further developed the way you raise, view and modify risks by rearranging the creation tile and designing it larger.
5. New Comments
Communication is key - which is why the new feature allows Users to interact in different channels on Assessments, Control Sets, Controls etc.
- Direct communication between users about a specific Assessment, Control, etc. which means better collaboration.
- With various channels, users can immediately display the relevant information, allowing them to quickly review the issue. This removes the need for multiple conversations and helps to create a sustainable audit trail.
Additionally, Users with permission to edit can access published and unpublished conversation channels.