Summary of Changes
Changes in detail
Segmented Risk Tags
Recently we felt a true run towards our fabulous Risk Management feature. We also got a lot of attention by larger enterprises which need fine-grained control over how risks are categorised, who should able to see risks, who should be able to edit them and hierarchical aggregation layers.
These requirements let us in the development department think about how to realise them without jeopardising our slick user interface. We came up with new types of Risk Tags:
- Standard Risk Tags: you know them, you love them
- Segmented Risk Tags: used as a topic container, e.g. Data Privacy, BCM, Credit Risks, etc.
- Segment Risk Tags: used to add another dimension to a Segmented Tag, e.g. countries, org units, etc.
We want to segment a Data Privacy Risk Tag into country segments Australia, Germany and UK.
The Data Privacy Officer can see all Risks in the Data Privacy tag across all countries.
An Australian employee reporting Risks in Australia should only be able to see Australian Data Privacy Risks, but not the Risks in other countries.
The CEO manages the top Risks in a Risk Tag "Top Risks" where the Data Privacy reports his top Data Privacy risks into.
This setup requires setting up a Segmented Risk Tag Data Privacy, 3 Segment Risk Tags Australia, Germany and UK and a Standard Risk Tag Top Risks and their respective access rights per employee. There is no customisation effort involved, everything can be done with standard Alyne instance, standard Alyne Expert user role and around 15 mins of setup in total. Imagine setting this up with one of our competitor's products: You will spend months and a lot of money for customising efforts.
Risk Management upgrades
We had a number of cool ideas how to upgrade Risk Management with some additional smaller features. We shipped them the Alyne way in a couple of days:
- Heatmap: Whatever your current Risk Tag selection looks like, the heatmap in the top row of the Risk Management feature adapts to it, just like all the other dashboard tiles in this view. You can click on the heatmap parts and sub-select Risks - of course. You also can combine this selection with others on the rating and/or status dashboard tile - awesome.
- CSV export: A click on the export icon downloads the Risks based on your current Risk Tag selection as a CSV file you directly use in Excel to prepare custom reports and graphs. We are leveraging latest technology in order to avoid storing the export file anywhere. Instead, the Alyne directly sends these files to your browser while being encrypted all the way until it lands in your download folder.
- Risk Trends: If you want you can enable Risk Trends on your Risks: Small arrows indicate if the Risk is considered increasing or decreasing in probability and impact or just staying where it is.
- Risk preview on Tasks: On a mitigating action (Task) you now can get a read-only view of the connected Risk without leaving the Task view - comfy.
Alyne now has users in every continent (except Antarctica, but who knows?) and that requires a quick, easy to use tech check to detect any technical network or browser issues. We located this little tech check at the bottom right corner of the Alyne login page.
A click on it reveals if all the technical services required to get the best Alyne user experience are available to you in your current location. We saw that some company firewalls might block or slow down connections. This becomes now way easier to resolve, especially when detected in the initial setup phase so that all other users of the same company benefit.
Remove Assessment objects and recipients
If you read that far, then you shall be rewarded with a handy feature that was quite complicated to implement. When editing an Assessment, you can not only add new recipients and new Assesment objects, but also remove ones that have not been submitted.
Favourites have now the typical masonry layout with a good update for displaying favourited Controls. Looks very nice.
This releases fixes a couple of smaller issues and a couple of interesting ones:
- We went too far with access control and locked out Business Users from Funnels. We quickly fixed this so that nobody noticed it...
- We fixed a regression in editing Control Sets where removing a single Control was not executed properly. No casualties there.
- We fixed several smaller visual glitches in Risk Management, especially spacing, margin, padding and tooltips.
- A funny (not soo funny) bug prevented creating Reports with a dot at the end of its description - fixed.
- Internet Explorer 11 - our good old friend - caused some troubles and then some efforts.
- And several other smaller visual improvements here and there
Photocredit: markusspiske / photocase.de