A collection of our awards, mentions, conference and activities for 2019.
After a successful close to 2018 securing our Series A funding, we kicked off the new year (2019) in full swing by expanding into the Americas and opened up our office in New York City in January. Throughout the year, we grew to a team of 30 highly skilled individuals, made up of twelve nationalities, all working together together to make every mission that we embark on, a successful one.
Across our four regions, our teams participated in a variety of RegTech related events, conferences and panels. We published seven white papers, hosted webinars and even launched our very own podcast. We were once again certified by the Certification Body, TÜV SÜD Management Service GmbH, with ISO/IEC 27001:2013. In March 2019, we put on our party hats and celebrated Alyne’s third birthday with an in-house video production, marking the milestone with a great memory to look back on, but also giving ode to the teams that all worked so hard to make it happen.
It was a big year for Alyne's capabilities and features, which was fuelled by our tireless Development team who put the app and our technologies through its paces in order to incorporate next-level functionality for our customers. The Content Library team mapped over 8 entirely new standards, laws and regulations into Alyne, furthering our customers GRC capabilities within our respective regions. All of these new features and library topics are designed to significantly improve user experience and further the possibilities of utilising Alyne for your compliance and risk management requirements.
Overview of some of the New Features released in 2019:
- New Year New Features - Stacking of Funnel-triggered Assessments, allocate alternative Control IDs, disable Comments
- March New Features - Download CSV of data and update Object property via Funnel outcome or question
- May New Features - The Object Library
- June New Features - Owner of a Control Set, allocate alternative Control IDs, disable Comments
- July New Features - Radar Diagram updates, Funnel attachments, Object search functionality
- September New Features - Delegate Assessments, archive Funnels, view the change history for Risks
- October New Features - In-app support, multi-currency for Risks, Funnel question hints and more
- Cloud Security Alliance - Cloud Controls Matrix v3.0.1
- CIS Controls v7
- VAIT KRITIS
- BAIT KRITIS
- OWASP SAMM v1.5
- ACSC Essential Eight
- Innovation Management
- Financial Controls
- COBIT 2019
- Compliance with APRA CPS 234 using Alyne
Certification / Award:
- ISO 27001 - The Certification Body of TÜV SÜD Management Service GmbH
- Regtech-Pioneer expandiert in die USA - Munich StartUp
- Frühwarnsystem für die Cybersicherheit - Radio Interview with detektor.fm
- Insurtech weekly: Alyne, Betterview, Global Atlantic, Allianz, FPT - InsuranceERM
- Regtech-Start-Up-Alyne: Lotsen durch den Bürokratie-Dschungel - Tagesspiegel Newsletter
- Podcast: The RegTech Report (Alyne) - Engine - Englisch für Ingenieure Ausgabe Nr.1 / März 2019
- “Wir konnten unseren Umsatz Jahr für Jahr vervierfachen” - Interview with Deutsche Startups
- RegTech Gives Banks the Operational Resilience They Need - Special Report with Raconteur, The Sunday Times
- Number 1 on the RegTech Top 100 Power List - PlanetCompliance
- eGRC Report - Researched by Contrive Datum Insights and published by Markets and Markets
- Auth0 Alyne Case Study "How Alyne Tripled their revenue three years in a row with Auth0"
- Getting ISO 27001:2013 Certified Using Alyne - Download
- Six-part series on Operational and Cyber Resilience: - Download
- Getting ISO 27001:2013 Certified Using Alyne - Watch
- Two-part Webinar Series on Operational and Cyber Resilience - Watch
Conferences and Events 2019:
- Accelerator - in Frankfurt
- Munich Security Conference Innovation Night - in Munich
- Accelerator - in Frankfurt
- Australian Cyber Conference 2019 - in Australia
- Insuretech Connect 2019 - in Las Vegas
- KPMG and Alyne RegTech Conference - Frankfurt
- Melbourne Roadmap Event - Melbourne
- OTP Startup Program - in Budapest
- Rise New York - at Miami University
- Techstars Alumni Panel - in Munich
- Department of Industry & Trade Event - in the Netherlands
- IP Cyber Security Expo - in Manchester
- CSA AGM & MM - in Manchester
- 5th Annual New Generation Operational Risk - in London
- Insurtech Insights - in London
- RegTech Expo UK 2019 - in London
The RegTech Report Podcast:
- Episode 1 - Welcome to The RegTech Report
- Episode 2 - RegTech on a Global Scale
- Episode 3 - The Tech Fuelling RegTech
- Episode 4 - Lessons Learned: Being ISO 27001 Certified
- Episode 5 - Focussed RegTech Solutions within a Fragmented Market
- Episode 6 - RegTech: Why Now? Why Non-Compliance is Not an Option
- Episode 7 - Building a Risk Culture Within an Organisation - How Do You Engage Your People in the Process?
- Episode 8 - Automated Compliance within RegTech. What's the Reality?
- Episode 9 - Regulatory Landscape within Banking and Preparing for Brand Liftoff
- Episode 10 - Digital Transformation: From the Decision Maker to Adoption Throughout The Entire Organisation
- Episode 11 - Security and Privacy on a Personal and Enterprise Level
- Episode 12 - Innovation vs Compliance: Are They Opposites or Are There Synergies?
- Episode 13 - Vendor Governance and Managing Third Party Risks
- Episode 14 - Investing in RegTech: The Investor and the Entrepreneur
- Episode 15 - Enterprise Controls and the Transition towards the New GRC Workforce Generation
We are very proud of the work that our team accomplished together over the course of the year. With big plans and vision for 2020, we look forward to recapping again next year.